Re: Powering downconverters

How about a DC-DC converter designed for use with laptops in cars or on
commercial flights...  the one for my thinkpad goes 12v to 16V... Radio
shack use to sell a universal one, with adjustable output voltage.  I have
one that I use when I travel. Not cheap, but it may be a starting point.
http://www.targus.com/product_details.asp?sku=PA375U

Wasn't there an article in QST lately about stepping a battery 12V up a bit?

Here's something I found on a google search:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden/page4.htm#triple.gif

Bill
W1PA