High Altitude Balloon Flights in the UK

Hi Folks,

Moving on from the whole FM satellite thingy, whilst at the same time being
a little off topic... I have recently been more and more intrigued by
various high altitude balloon experiments/missions taking place in the world
of amateur radio.

I have been contemplating the possibility of undertaking such a project, but
thought I'd see if anyone was planning/doing anything similar to those seen
in the US over here in EU/UK?  I know there are some licence condition
issues to be considered, and it may well end up being the case that NOV's
aren't issued for such a flight - but non the less I'm intent on exploring
the possibilities!

Anyone care to comment?

Regards,

Richard
M0EXE

P.S. Thanks to all those who have been helping me out with my AO-40 setup
here... I'm now QRV on the bird, and am slowing improving each section of
the station as time goes on!