High Altitude Balloon Flights in the UK

Hi Folks,

Moving on from the whole FM satellite thingy, whilst at the same time being
a little off topic... I have recently been more and more intrigued by
various high altitude balloon experiments/missions taking place in the world
of amateur radio.

I have been contemplating the possibility of undertaking such a project, but
thought I'd see if anyone was planning/doing anything similar to those seen
in the US over here in EU/UK?  I know there are some licence condition
issues to be considered, and it may well end up being the case that NOV's
aren't issued for such a flight - but non the less I'm intent on exploring
the possibilities!

Anyone care to comment?

P.S. Thanks to all those who have been helping me out with my AO-40 setup
here... I'm now QRV on the bird, and am slowing improving each section of
the station as time goes on!