Re: Pro FM birds!

Gave a small talk on the ease of using APRS and PCSAT/ISS a couple
of weeks ago to a small local club. As a result I see a few of the
persons in attendance using ISS and PCSAT now.

Simple equipment requirements snagged a few more ops and potential
AMSAT/TAPR members.

ARES EC dropped me an email a couple of days ago, wants me to give
a talk/demo about APRS/ARES/PCSAT/ISS possibilites and use(s)

Like it or not FM Sat's are a great intro in AMSAT and other fields,
and thus seem the logical choice when rebuilding AMSAT/TAPR membership.

Lots of room for other sats as well, but lets get the interest and
numbers up with the LEO and easier FM stuff first.

Just my two cents.

73

Terry

on 7/23/02 10:23 PM, 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028 at