AO-40 ordering antennas, downconverters

Group

I'm ready to purchase my AO-40 antenna and downconverter and wondered if you
might comment on this set-up. I finally settled on a modified Transystem
AIDC-3731 downconverter from Bob, K5GNA and a 3 foot dish from Glenn, N3IYR.
Glenn's dish comes ready to go with feed and mount and I'm told all that's
needed to put it all together is a double-male N.

I would assume that the narrow beamwidth of the 3 ft dish might be a bit
more sensitive when aiming at the bird, but I'm hopping that the 4db of
additional gain over the 2ft model is worth the compromise, especially when
squint angle is large. The spill-over characteristics are very important for
a quiet RX at 2.4ghz and I'm told this feed/dish combination is.

The Transystem downconverter with 37db gain and 1db NF seems to compare well
with the SSB Electronics UEK 3000 converter and it's a lot cheaper.

Any comments on this set-up and antenna alignment/mounting tips welcomed.

Thanks for all your help.

73, Tony - AA2AE