Xplanet and earthtrack2 question

Hello,

I'm toying with the idea of developing a KDE frontend to xplanet which in
turn will take it's parameters from predict. However I'm having some
difficulty in getting xplanet to run within a QT widget. Has someone already
developed such a front end?

While looking for ideas I have played with earthtrack2 which calls xplanet. I
have found that xplanet only runs once, it's display is never updated. Should
earthrack2 call xplanetbg instead? Perhaps a 233 MHz Pentium 11 is too slow
for the task.

--
Regards,
Phil