LHCP/RHCP Oscar -E

Gunther:

I raised same question to the author a few weeks ago, here is his reply:

     Subject:    RE: AMSAT OSCAR-E Article
        Date:    Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:45:55 -0400
        From:    "Rick Hambly \(W2GPS\)" <w2gps@cnssys.com>
          To:      "'Joe Leikhim'" <jleikhim@nettally.com>

     Joe,

     The UHF antenna was designed as LHP because of a
     misunderstanding a long time ago.  I discussed this with
     SpaceQuest yesterday and made a strong plea for the antenna to
     be redesigned to RHP.  It will take some
     significant change to the mechanical mounting, but I think it
     will
     probably happen.  It really is important.  Thank you for
     bringing this
     to my attention.

     Thanks for you thought provoking comments.

     Rick Hambly
     W2GPS

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"Jazz is not dead.  It just smells funny." -F.Z.