Re: RUDAK testing - help please

Maybe I could suggest as an experiment higher speed BPSK then.
Like, see how fast we can get the data and/or symbol rate before it starts
to hose the transponders.  (And/or try QPSK or 8PSK).  Since modulation is
easy, you wouldn't even need to try to fabricate a decoder until after you
established that it wouldn't interfere...

It shouldn't be that hard to modify existing DSP code and/or hardware
to handle at least the higher speed BPSK.  (We do have the bandwidth, don't
we?)

It's just that, how useful will 1200 BPS really be?  I guess over a whole
pass it would allow alot of "BBS-type" data to go, but I'd hope
we'd want to try to get to something a little more 21st century...

Just a thought.  I'm sorry but when I saw AO-40 and 1200 bps in the same
sentence I went UGH!  (I'll probably have Bdale beat me up next time I see
him for this thread, though :-) ), of course 15 years ago when I saw PACSAT
and 1200 bps I did the same....

Fred W0FMS