SATgate Identification...

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Jim Cowell wrote:

> I think I have my ISS Igate set up corectly. I'm using Winaprs261 and AGWP.
> I can RX from TCPIP and RF,how can I verify that I'm Igating anything from
> ISS? Can anyone recommend some IGate software that uses less horse power?

For all SATgates:

We need to have all SATgates to self identify so that we can maintain a
database (or live web page) that shows all the currently active SATgates.
One way to do this is to make sure that everyone includes the word SATGATE
in their Position comment field.  THen we can just monitor the worldwide
APRS feed and capture all such stations to a WEB page at any point in
time....

I would also ask that such IGates use the GATE Icon with an "S" overlay
instead of the miss-used TCPIP Icon which was never intended to be used
for the "internet" but only to indicate an ON-AIR TCPIP protocol station

The correct ICon for an IGate is a GATE with an "I" overlay...

de WB4APR, Bob