Re: AO - 7, some progress to report

Greetings all:

See my earlier memo re we need to get some things happening re AO - 7 .....

The AMSAT worker who is trying to figure out how to get a command station
going for AO - 7 reports some progress.  Progress that has real potential
to help AMSAT find out if AO - 7 can be brought under some form of control
and management.

He has found a piece of surplus radio equipment that has potential to be
"modified" and "adapted" to be an AO - 7  command transmitter.  This piece
of surplus is being worked on now and the outlook for the surgery is good
to excellent.  This is a big step forward over trying to use a modern VHF
radio hi.

What progress are YOU making towards helping develop new knowledge about
AO-7 today?

Larry
VA3LK