Re: AO-7 orbit 26409

Lars Mortensen wrote:

On July 1.st. at around  0945 UTC i worked F1ORL (Pascal) and DG1YR
(Helmut) via AO-7 on mode B.

Will concentrate now on testing mode A, anybody tried this mode
succesfully ?

Wayne replies:

Yes, a lot of people in North America have made Mode A contacts on AO-7.  It seems that Mode A requires far more uplink power than Mode B.  On mode A I put 50W into a 7x7 yagi, and still don't hear a very strong downlink most of the time on a 2-el 10m yagi.

I don't know if there is a reason or if it is just a coincidence.  Most of the Europe AO-7 passes seem to be Mode B.  Most of the North America AO-7 passes seem to be Mode A.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA