RE: Idea about an P4A (Moon relay station)

>         A common mistake is that Pathfinder landed using only
> air bags.
> Having worked on Pathfinder, there was system to land on
> Mars, made up of
> multipule components, each had to work. Pathfinder had four

True, and also worth noting that since the moon has no atmosphere, the only
method available out of those listed to get the approach velocity to a safe
value is rockets, which would have to take the craft from incoming velocity
all the way down to near zero at the right height.  And I suspect somewhat
larger ones than the ones that have been used on P3 satellites.

This correspondence is for the named personís use only. It may contain