AO-07 Report - June 29/30

de W4MVB,

We had 3 consecutive passes in Mode A last night (Saturday) here on the
east coast.

2237 - 2253 UTC - 14 degrees
0026 - 0048 UTC - 68 degrees
0220 - 0239 UTC - 24 degrees

Signals were extremely weak on all 3 passes but the frequency was stable.

I managed to work Dick, W1NU on the first pass, KA4YMY, Steve and W4JBB,
George on the second and Alex, XE1MEX on the last pass. I heard Jerry,
W0SAT calling CQ toward the end of the pass but he couldn't hear me.  I
did not hear anyone else.

I'm still using a full wave loop laying on top of the house but it is
closer to resonance now than it was when I first heard Mode A with a
strong downlink.  The signals the past couple of days however, have been
just above the noise level, even on the high elevation passes.  It has
not been possible to drive the satellite into FM'ing on Mode A the past
few days.  The satellite sounds a lot like RS-15.

The satellite was in Mode B on the only pass I listened to this morning
(Sunday 1423 - 1445 UTC - 67 degrees).  Not a lot of stations but a
couple very strong and lots of FM'ing.

73 de Jess - W4MVB