Re: R: counter wieght queistion

Hi Domenico, et al,

I appreciate your practical engineering observation about the 'rocking'
of the gears being what causes wear, more so than a _reasonable_
constant load.
In that respect, I would add that the placement of any counterweight
should preferably be such that the center of moment of the antennas
does not flip over the pivot center (boom), when higher elevations
are used.
Another way of agreeing that a constant load in the _same_ direction,
all the way from horizontal to vertical is better, just so long as the
load is not _heavy_ on the gears and motor.

73 Jens    ZL2TJT
Amsat-ZL #218
RE78nv