Re: AO-7 eclipse analysis for Eastern U.S.

 Robert McGwier writes:

> The eclipse passes,
> starting in September will increase in duration
> through the fall to winter and then decrease in length
> We should have plenty of opportunity to study the behavior
> of AO-7 as it comes out of eclipse this fall here.

If it lasts that long. The presumption (which I agree with) is that a cell
finally went open-circuit allowing the solar panel volts to do something
other than be clamped down to a useless value.

Any NiCad experts out there ? When a cell does this, is it likely to stay
open-circuit forever ?

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org