Re: Kenwood D700question

Lou,

You might try the free software from Kenwood.  You can configure the APRS and
short text messages for ISS and PCSAT.   Quite a bit easier than doing from the
TH-D700 menus.  You need a 9 pin RS-232 straight though cable (not a null modem
cable)  to link between your computer and the TM-D700 to program it.
http://216.133.82.101/SOFTWARE/TMD700A/
Think UI View software works with the TH-D700 also:
http://members.tripod.com/~g6odt/packet.html

Good luck,

Jerry