Re: AO-7 Pass 8:39PST

Just monitored the 10 Meter beacon on 29.502.XX. This is my first ham
satellite experience. I am familiar with doppler, but why does it wander
up, and then down in frequency, and then repeats. Thought the doppler
would be in relation to satellite coming towards my QTH, and then
travelling away.

Or, was this the "FMing" folks are talking about? The signal make a
complete trip up and down the dial about every 20 seconds.

I used a 40-meter dipole (!) and an elecraft K-2. Used the automatic
antenna tuner to get a "match" at 29.502. Signal strength did not
register, but it was copyable, with lots of VFO adjustment.

Acquired signal at 8:39PST (when I turned the radio on) and LOS was
8:43PST. Add 7 hours for UTC.

73s

--
Jon Kenneke KA7PGB