AO-7 Mode A, 0130 UTC, 29 June

AO-40 was in Mode A again  on the 0130 UTC 29 June North America pass.
Heard some SSB activity (XE2AT, K5OE, VE3KNG) and worked Jerry W0SAT on SSB.
Also worked WC9C on CW.  3 of the 4 stations I worked on AO-7 tonight are so
close we could make terrestrial contact on 2m.

SatPC32 did the Doppler tuning for me on this pass.  That made life much
simpler.  The 10m yagi lost the downlink momentarily when the satellite got
up to 75 degrees elevation.  I may have to dig my "RS-15" 10m turnstile out
of the basement for those high elevation passes.

It was nice to hear two consecutive "live" passes after two "dead" passes
yesterday evening.

Hopefully North America will have a Mode B pass this weekend, and maybe
T88ZF on AO40.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA