Re: AO-7 Pass

Tom WA9AFM/5 wrote:

Just monitored the AO-7 pass from Oklahoma City that basically flew up the
east coast.  Heard a very weak signal around 145.976MHz.

Wayne W9AE replies:

I assume you're referring to the 2345 UTC pass.  AO-07 was definitely in
Mode A at the time.  I would be very surprised if AO-7 was transmitting a
signal just a few kHz away from the frequency band it was successfully
receiving.  And it wouldn't be anybody's uplink signal because 145.976 is
20+ kHz higher than the uplink frequency band.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA