Re: AO-7 switch-on

>Theres an opportunity to check out the AO-7 switch-on on the pass shortly
>after 0300utc/29 June. S/c should come up from the south and enter sunlight
>at about 0320utc (a couple of minutes into the pass). Observations of
>switch-on would be appreciated. The further south you are, the better the
>chances; northern US doesn't see the bird before she's lit.

Richard, I'm in San Diego, and had a similar pass last nite, and checked
exactly
that...I did not hear a thing, I'll try again this evening on the pass above..

I assumed we would have that sort of pass here, and checked after your appeal
the other day to our friends "down under".  I'm not quite "down under", but
I do
have that opportunity here...tnx fer the reminder...