Gpredict

I am having trouble getting GPredict to work under slackware 8.0.  Its
use seems to be self explanitory, but I cannot figure out how to get a
map or table to display.  Is this a bug under slackware, or am I missing
something?

I'll try something like File->New Map-> I'll select a few sats -->Ok-->
Nothing displays???

Any Ideas?
73's de KQ6UP

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior
spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive
with our frail and feeble mind.
                          -- Albert Einstein