AO-7 modes

I have in front of me "OSCAR: amateur radio satellites" by Stratis
Caramanolis , english edition distributed by the RSGB in 1976, original in
German.

Page 119:QUOTE "AMSAT-OSCAR-6 and AMSAT-OSCAR-7 employ linear frequency
convertors and are consequently suitable for all kinds of modulations and
modes, e.g. SSB, AM and FM. FM is not to be recommended however because of
the broad frequency spectrum it calls for".

Page 145 table 5a "example of reference OSCAR data from AMSAT-UK"

includes:

MODE A - RECOMMENDED MODES A1 A3J

(ie CW and SSB)

MODE B - RECOMMENDED MODES A1 F1 F2 A3A  A3J

(ie CW FM and SSB)

However the AMSAT-DL example does not refer to F1 F2 or FM.

The book also refers to SSTV and to an RTTY beacon.

Don't flame me but - this suggests that FM is possible (and may or may not
be recommended)  on AO-7 Mode B. Anybody got any more info here?

andy G0SFJ