AO-7 design lesson

Wouldn't it make sense for future amateur satellite designs to include a
default switch such that when the rechargeable batteries failed to charge
the default would be that the solar panels would be switched through the
main bus? It's only one transistor really, but then we would still have the
satellite when she is out of eclipse.

OK, stating the obvious now we have 20:20 hindsight, but we can learn from
this!

just my .02 Euro worth...

andy g0sfj