Re: AO-7 in Darkness -- Has anyone heard it?

 "Tom Clark \(W3IWI\)" writes:

> In scanning the reports I've seen, ALL reports come from times when the
> satellite is sunlit.

I finally remembered the jargon phrase. AO-7 is in a sun-synchronous orbit;
this is designed to *always* come over at the same local time am and pm
(its one of those things you get from an orbit at that inclination). After
a few years the actual time drifts but the "same time, am and pm" characteristic
still persists.

AO-7 looks like its in a 7-8 o'clock configuration and, for all of us in the
northern hemisphere, its summer so its daylight at both the am and pm times.
The southern hemisphere guys (where its winter now) are the ones who could
check out how much sunlight AO-7 needs before it turns on. My suspicion is
that it won't need much - we're not talking about putting charge in batteries
after all.

How about it you southern eskimos ?  any consistency in turn-on delay ?

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188