Re: RE: AO-7 and legalities

Hello.

My two cents worth.  If you dont feel comfortable operating dont.  I would
be very sadden if anyone from ARRL or AMSAT or the general ham public went
to the feds.

It was legal when I operated OScar 6 and 7 in the 70's and 80's and well I
would need a letter from the FCC saying it isnt legal now.

the onlly way the Feds will get into the act is 1) if we force them to state
an opinion and 2) if some other country complains.  2 is unlikely.

I am enjoying 7 and looking for 6 and 8 (and 3's beacon).

Robert WB5MZO

>From: "Reid Bristor, Sr. Consultant" <rbristor@bristor-assoc.com>
>To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: [amsat-bb] RE: AO-7 and legalities
>Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:00:58 -0500
>

>Has anyone (AMSAT or ARRL) thought about contacting the FCC and see
>if we can get a waver on operating mode 'B' here in the US while the 'ole'
>gal is still working? I for one don't like to operate knowing it is wrong,
>but
>the temptation is too great while the bird lasts.
>

>Reid Bristor,  W4UPD (Ex. WA4UPD)
>

>----

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX