Re: AO-7 in Darkness -- Has anyone heard it?

Hello Perry.

We have had some pretty good evening passes where the bird comes into the
sun.  I am working on some data to indicate how long it is till I hear the
beacon.  Never heard it without sunlight.  Its clearly running on the solar
arrays.  Continuing to listen for six and eight.  I dont think that 3 has
sufficient arrays to power even the beacon.

Robert Oler WB5MZO

>From: Perry Yantis <PYantis@compuserve.com>
>To: amsat-bb <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-7 in Darkness -- Has anyone heard it?
>Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:38:32 -0400
>

>Hi Tom.
>
>Haven't talk to you in a while.
>
>I have never heard AO7 when it is in darkness and think you are right about
>it running on the solar panels.
>
>The earlier pass today AO7 was over head before Nova showed it in sunlight,
>but I still did not hear a peep out of it for the rest of the pass.
>
>Perry WB8OTH
>----

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX