Re: drifting

Perry,

You don't always adjust your transmit frequency.  The common rule is that
you adjust the HIGHER of the two frequencies you are using.  So if you are
using Mode A, you adjust your 2 meter uplink.  In Mode B, you adjust your
432 MHz uplink.  But in mode JA, you adjust your 432 MHz DOWNLINK.  The same
goes on AO-40 with mode US and mode LS.  On AO-40, one should never adjust
their uplinks.

So just because someone is staying with a fixed transmit frequency does not
mean they are being a LID or have poor operating skills.

Ideally, the best method is to adjust both up and downlink frequencies and
stay at the same frequency at the satellite.  However, that is only really
possible with computer control and not everyone is capable of computer
control.

So, you always adjust the higher of the two frequencies regardless of
whether or not it is the TX or RX frequency.  That's because the higher
frequency is always the most sensitive to doppler.

73,

Jon
NA9D