Re: Metal vs. Fiberglass Boom

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 02:42:20PM +0000, rdwelch@swbell.net wrote:
> I have always used a metal cross boom on my KLM antennas, even predating
> Kent's confirming tests.  My roof top tripod is too close to the roof to
> have dragging coax runs snagging roof shingles, getting buried in the
> winter snow and frozen to the roof.

I can hear the purists thinking, "Terrible, just terrible!"

But to put things in perspective, "Any boom is better than no boom at
all." And if it doesn't work then try something else. Is not as if a bad
boom is going to burn out the receiver in the satellites.  :-)

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net