RE: RE: AO-7 and legalities

Vince:

This will be exceedingly difficult.  I hope that we can
demonstrate the ABILITY to turn off Mode B <<once>>.
If we can do (that is, get Meinzer to remember the
squelch tone circuit he added at final integration,
get an encoder board or program to sound card to work,
and remember the commands and remember the command
frequency!!), then we should issue the "shut up" command
once to demonstrate we can.

This will not hold of course.  Every time the bird goes
into eclipse, the old series of discrete logic command
decoders and settings logic will come up in a random
state and probably fiddle about until one of the modes
is recognized.  It almost certainly won't be off
enough to make it legal.  That means a ground station
would have to be at every possible place on the globe
telling it to turn off as soon as it comes out of
eclipse.

I leave near NYC:   FO GETTA BOUT IT.  It is here, it will
be here and I doubt the batteries will "reshort" to make
it completely die.

Bob