Re: RE: AO-7 and legalities

Don't ask for a waver, The answer might be no.  Use the bird if you're
positive you won't be interfering with any weak signal ops in your area.  I
plan to use it until someone complains or Riley Hollingsworth sends me a
nasty gram.  But if you're chicken about using it, Don't call "CQ AO7" in
the passband, doing so will alert listeners that you're trying to work a
satellite and not weak signal.

On a side note, if AO-7 is still able to execute commands, there is a way
the original AO7 control operators stop mode B operation on the bird if
they were required to by regulating agencies. It would take a little work
but it could be done.

KB7ADL