PCsat Load test

PCsat USER INVITATION:

Since we blew it for fieldday (low bats), PCsat has just never gotten a
full user load to prove its ability to support hundreds of users per
pass.   Before it goes back into maximum ecllipses, I would like to
load it with as MANY different users as we can.  Target is TOMORRW.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON, GOING HOME RUSH HOUR, USA, 27 JUNE 2002

If you normally run APRS mobile with a path beginning with RELAY or WIDE,
all  you have to do is QSY to 145.825 tomorrow afternoon.  PCsat is just
like  any other APRS terrestrial RELAY or WIDE digipeater.  Keep your rate
set to once every  TWO minutes or so.  Do not force more frequent
transmissions... thanks.

PASS TIMES THURSDAY AFTERNOON RUSH HOUR 27 June 2002

PDT  MDT  CDT  EDT
---- ---- ---- ----
.... .... .... 1525 (northeast only)
.... .... 1605 1705
1545 1645 1745 1845
1730 1830 1930 ....
1910 1810 .... ....

Please do NOT transmit more often than once a minute or so, so that we can
see the statistics of the most number of people, not the most number of
packets...  Here are the settings if you are setting up from scratch:

UPLINK/DOWNLINK:   145.825 MHz FM packet 1200 baud AFSK
DIGIPEATER PATH:   via RELAY or WIDE or ARISS or W3ADO-1
PACKET PERIOD:     On the order of 2 minutes or so

Note, the DEFAULT alias for PCsat is W3ADO-1 which will always work.  In
order for RELAY and WIDE to work, the satellite has to be loaded with the
additional aliases.  THey WILL be loaded, unless Murphy strikes...

Please set up your tracker or mobile or base station and join us.  We want
to do this test to see the maximum number of stations we can support for
the sake of validating the design for the future.

Also feel free to load ONE Email or APRS message and set it to the 1
minute rate as well if you have time... (do not force transmissions any
more often)..

IGATES:  Recently, we don't see as many IGates set up for feeding PCsat
packets into the APRS internet system which drives http://pcsat.aprs.org
and so we would ask IGate operators to be sure to have  your receiver
tuned to 145.825 for Thursday afternoon... if you can... Thanks

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob