Re: AO-7 missing

Ok, its still there. Phew, thought the rig might have packed up. It was on
2m (I think low-power mode) on the 0700utc pass over UK. CW was a bit chirpy
sometimes so I took a look in the passband; there was a French ssb station
about three S-points stronger than the beacon - CQ's with no takers.

Strange that it should have flipped mode in mid-pass yesterday though;
probably the european kilowatts killing it.

Has anyone made any measurements about how long after exiting eclipse before
it comes on ?  I can't do that from UK because its in sunlight for all our
passes. The bird is at that inclination that is designed to always pass over
at the same time every day so I probably couldn't make the measurement until
mid-winter.

Do people still want telemetry ? I'd prefer not to blind-post loads of
numbers to the -bb just in case, so an individual's address would be useful.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188