Re: Kenpro rotor info

At 08:44 PM 6/25/2002 -0500, Karl Sandstrom wrote:
>I have a friend who has what I think may be a Kenpro KR-500.  It is an
>elevation rotor that is silver in color.  I can not find any model or serial
>numbers on it.  When it was dismantled for cleaning the motor seemed to work
>fine but it will not work with my G-5400B control box although the control
>box seems to read the position.
>
>I am looking for any info I can get on this rotor (manual/schematic).  If
>anyone has an old control box for this series of rotor, I may be interested
>in that also.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.  73 for now.......
>
>Karl R. Sandstrom, K5MAN
>Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
>k5man@arrl.net / k5man@amsat.org

Hi Karl

It sure sounds like a kenpro to me and here is the problem. The yeasu has a
capacitor in the rotor and the kenpro has it in the controller. I use a
yeasu controller with kenpro rotor for field day and I just put a cap on
pins 4 and 5 and it works just fine. I don't have the value here in front
of me.

Hope this helps.

73, Bill N4XEO

E- Mail mailto: n4xeo@amsat.org