Re: Kenpro rotor info

I have a KR5600 AZ/EL rotor system I use for demos, etc.  It has a KR500 EL
rotor which works fine.  The G5400 and G5600 rotors are the Yaesu rotors
that grew out of the Kenpro sale of the KR5400 and KR5600 systems to
Yaesu.  For all practical purposes they are identical except for perhaps
bearing diameters, etc.  It should work fine with the G5400 system.  The
rotor power is AC and is applied between a motor winding center tap and
either end depending on whether it is going Left or Right.  You might check
and see if this voltage is indeed being applied and whether the motor
windings are of equal resistance on either side of the common terminal.
Also check out the motor capacitor in the G5400 control box.  There should
be one for each rotor in the 5400 box.  The 5600 has the EL cap in the box
and the AZ cap in the rotor.

--
73, Roy -- W0SL

E-Mail: rdwelch@swbell.net