AO-7 435.1 beacon

Is the 435.1 beacon always an FSK signal?

I just finished copying the 02:41UTC pass and the beacon was shifting back
and forth between two frequencies.  Sounded just like CW done with my
old RTTY fsk keyer.

The beacon was very weak even tho elevation was pretty high.  It just managed
to push the FT-726R S-meter to about S-1.

What a kick, Oscar 7 was the first satellite I ever worked thru.  A Drake ML-2
2mtr FM rig, keying the mike button, and an 11-element cushcraft beam with
no elevation control.  I could only work horizon passes, but what fun it was.

Ken,  N7IPB