AO-7 One-way transatlantic

Got real excited when I saw Bill Greenes posting earlier tonight:

"Nice to work Tom N7MPM and Egon VE7EGN on AO-07 this morning at 15:40
UTC pass."

That rang a bell. On Monday June 24 at 1445z with AO-7 in mode B,  having
worked DD9ZO, I copied and called someone in SSB with the letters EGN in his
call sign. Quiet loud although somewhat garbled. Listening to the tape from
the session it is clearly VE6EGN calling CQ after which he came back to
another, probably US-station, strong but still more garbled. We were both a
couple of degrees above horizon. And Egon is in fact VE6 not VE7. Bill
misspelled his call sign.

Sigh .. that was a close one. British Columbia, Canadian west coast, that
would have been something. Does someone know if Egon got an email address?

Ingo / SM0AIG / SK0TM