RE: AO-07

Roy --

> [snip]  When AO-7 went up there was only one commercial 70 cm
> rig I can recall that was able to work it via SSB.  I can't recall the
> brand now but it preceeded AO-7 some years and was never made again.

You are probably thinking of the KLM ECHO-2 and ECHO-70. These were 10 watt
VHF & UHF modifications of Japanese SSB CB radio designs.

I remember building a portable ECHO pair into a nice box that we used on
July 4th, 1976 to broadcast live President Ford's public dedication of the
brand new Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Ahh memories!

73, Tom