Re: bird

>Hello
>
>Anyone have used BIRD model 43 on 70cm and 23cm?
>Are they usefull on that freq. and correct?
>
>73.s,ON4CJQ,Jerry.

Jerry,

The Bird-43 is usuable from 1.1 to 1.8 GHz using either the 10K or 50K
elements (10w and 50w respectively).  Regarding accuracy, they spec their
meter at 5% (I haven't validated this).  On 70cm you may use either the D
or E series and they are made for up to 2500w.  I compared my 50E with a
50K at 1269 MHz and did not see a significant difference in indication, so
you could use the 400-1000 MHz E-series element at 23cm for relative
measurements, at the very least.

My Bird is an essential part of my gear.  Return-loss couplers may be more
accurate, but the Bird is sufficient.

Ed, AL7EB