R: AO-7 eclipse plotting

----- Original Message -----
From: SM0AIG <amsatbullar@hotmail.com>
To: amsat-bb <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 12:44 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-7 eclipse plotting

> Does anyone know of a good method to establish when AO-7 is in the sun or
> not? It would be interesting to pick up the TLE when it goes from dark to
> light. I have available Nova, WinOrb and InstantTrack and wonder if there
is
> a way of fooling those into showing the eclipses.
>
> I have been using the gray line as a coarse measure, but how far from
> reality is that considering that AO-7 is up on a 1460 km high hill. Can
one
> approximate from the gray line or is there a better way?
>
> I have seen SAT-PC32 being mentioned but with already three tracking
> programs on hand, I would first like to see one of them do the job.
>
> Ingo / SM0AIG

Hi Ingo SM0AIG,

On InstantTrack go to menu

5. Multiple Satellite Co-visibility

Satellite Group [*]  :  enter

The first column OS is the key for your problem

O means the object i.e.the satellite
S means the SUN

for O and S you have a small green dot

As soon the satellite enters in to sun light the green dot
corresponding to  S became yellow and light up.

As soon the satellite exit from the sun light ( eclipse ) the S
dot became again small and green.

If the satellite is in range for you the dot corresponding to O
is yellow and it became green as soon the satellite is belove
your horizon.

In other words all satellites are in sun light if the corresponding
S dot is yellow and in eclipse if it is green

This IT option is very usefull and prouved to be exact by seconds
on OSCAR-10 depending on how precise are your keps

Infact as soon the S dot on OSCAR-10 changes from yellow to green
the transponder swich off  because of the eclipse but the O dot is still
yellow because the satellite is in range for you

I hope this help a bit

73" de i8CVS Domenico