Re: Oscar-7 and the ITU

I don't have any qualms about working AO-7 because I won't be interfering
with anyone.  But before you work AO-7 this is what you should be
done.  Check with the local hams and ham groups in your area and see if
there are any weak signal operators around.  If there are any,  they are
the ones that have rights in that part of the 70cm spectrum and you don't
want to interfere with their operations.  Try to work out a local
gentleman's agreement with them on the use of the band.  If they don't want
you there, then you probably can't work ao-7 mode B.  Up here in Montana,
most hams have never heard the phrase "weak signal", so I won't be causing
any interference using mode B.  The last thing AMSAT needs is to have a
bunch weak signal operators around the country complaining.

KB7ADL