AO-40 and W4IY Field day

Hi Folks

Thanks to the 63 stations we worked at field day. This was the
best field day since I started on Oscar 6. RFI from the other
stations at the site was non existent. The signal was great
and all the equipment worked. I had the opportunity to demo
Sat operations to quite a few people.

The station was made up of a FT736 driving a brick. The Rx antenna
was a 1.2 meter dish and a 19 ele K2RIW on the uplink. Noise floor
on the receiver was at S1 and the beacon ran at S9.

As I write this I'm waiting to see if I can hear Oscar 7. I've
used this bird for years at field day with many fond memories.

So again thanks to everyone we worked and as soon as I get the
station set up here again hope to work the rest of you.

73
Jack W4AD for W4IY