RE: AO-7 Telemetry Copied 06/24/02 2210 UTC

Hasan

I said...

> Mine seems OK - but there are three states:
>
> Sun     - the bird is in sun, but is not above the observer's horizon
> Visible - the bird is in sun, and is above the observer's horizon
> Eclipse - the bird is in eclipse (no distinction is made whether or
> not the bird is above the observer's horizon in this case).

Actually that's not quite true. Should be...

Sun     - the bird is in sun, but is not optically visible at the observer's
location
Visible - the bird is in sun, and is potentially optically visible (eg,
observer in twilight)
Eclipse - the bird is in eclipse

Sorry about that. I just ran it against a number of satellites with
differing observers and this seems to tally.

73 Howard G6LVB