Re: FD AO-40: You sounded like a newbie if...

At 02:51 PM 6/24/02 -0400, Bill Acito wrote:

>3. Choppy              speech            patterns.
>Waiting              to hear                  your own       echo
>when        you       are speaking.
>I learned that once I was confident that I was on the correct freq, I could
>turn down the volume on my down link when I was talking, and speak
>naturally.

Hi Bill et al,
A technique that was used back in the hey-day of AO-10 was to use a single
earphone, or a set with one phone on one ear and the other off. This
allowed you to hear your own voice more clearly than the "echo" and you can
talk naturally. Try it ... it works.
73, Bill...vk3jt
Milawa
Australia