Re: Oscar-7 and the ITU

Thanks for the clarification. Now I DO see what I was missing, and the
difference between the ARS and the ASS. I guess this is one of those
myriad of things that the kind people who design/build/certify the sats
worry about, while us users are busy building antennas, climbing roofs,
and paying the mortgage. I got quite a kick out of opening up my ARRL
Satellite Handbook, and seeing Jan putting the unit on the shake table.
My son said "Gee...It's so SMALL!", but then he's used to seeing
pictures of the Big Birds that Dad plays with.
I think I'll try and work it 'accidentally' before the Powers That Be
tell us we can't  play with out 'antique'!
Well done, guys. I'll bet you never thought you'd hear from it again.
73, Jim  KQ6EA