Working Lazarus!

Hey all,

Worked K5VAS on AO-07 at about 1507utc.  It was my first ever on AO-07.

Paul was just about to loose the bird but I had very strong downlink at my
location(EM53NL).  What fun to work this legendary bird.

RX antenna was a Diamond 500 at about 30 ft.
TX FT-736r to RF Concepts amp running about 50watts.
TX antenna was the 11 turn helix, originally built for AO-13 and now used
on AO-40, and manually tracking using the 5400.

The bird was a little late arriving and left a little early but this
probably was due to using the vertical instead of a rotatable beam for RX.

I was using element set 93 for KEPS.

73...Jim...W5VZF.

Dr. Jim Akers
Dept. of Electrical