Re: Oscar 7

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>
Cc: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: 24 June 2002 14:24
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Oscar 7

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Edward R. Cole wrote:
>
> > >Potential users may not realize that when they are uplinking to a
satellite,
> > >they are no longer operating in the Amateur Service but have a
different
> > >status operating in the ASS are subject to ASS rules.
>
> > >...the IARU bandplan has the 432.1 MHz range earmarked as "weak signal"
>
> Sounds to me like its time to take up some "weak signal" activity on
> 432 and doing a little SWLing on 2 meters...
>
> de WB4APR, Bob

 I agree with you Bob!

Here in IARU Region 1 there should be no practical problems with other 70cm
terrestrial and eme users.

EME is 432.00 -432.025
CW has 432.050 as centre of activity
The "CW only" part of the band stops at 432.150 above which SSB is permitted
but
SSB has 432.200 as centre of activity.

With the current low levels of other activity on 70cms I would bet that our
occasional activity from 432.125 - 432.175 will go completely unnoticed for
99.99% of the time.

It is always good practise to listen to you TX frequency b4 pushing the
button though....

If anyone can remember how AO-7 was commanded and if the command system
still works maybe we could set up a worldwide network of command stations to
"kick" it back to Mode B or whatever we wanted everytime it comes out of
eclipse?

cheers

Graham G3VZV