R: AO-7 TLM please

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim White <jim@coloradosatellite.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 5:48 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-7 TLM please

> >Folks,
> >
> >If you copy any AO-7 TLM please forward it to me.  I'll be working with
> >Jan King to decode it and see if more clues about the health of the bird
> >can be pulled out of the data.
> >
> >Also,
> >Please note Jan's view that the bird is almost certainly running only off
> >the solar panels.  It is very likely to be on only when in the sun and
off
> >in eclipse.  Since it is resetting each orbit it may not come on every
> >time.  Reports of hearing the beacon just as it comes out of eclipse
would
> >be particularly interesting.
> >
> >Jim
> >jim@coloradosatellite.com

Hi Jim,

To day june 24 orbit 26319 the OSCAR-7 beacon on 145.972  MHz was ON
with very strong signals and no significant FMing so i translated in real
time the CW TLM on AO40 putting my microfone in to one headphone and
 it was succesfully received and copied by ALEX, UR5MGW

On orbit 26320 the 145.970 MHz beacon was ON and the mode-B transponder
was open and functioning with small FM

I did QSO with M1BTR and HB9DRI with strong signals and small QSB
using 50 W and 2+21 element yagi horizontally polarized.

Switching the polarization of my 2 meters array  4 x 10+10 element yagi the
best polarization resulted to be RHCP than vertical and sometime LHCP
as normally was on OSCAR-7 in the past time.

This was my first QSO with our old baby after 25 years and after hundreds
QSO via this wonderfull bird.

73" de i8CVS Domenico