GO USA?

Hello Bob,

in your comment to "Re: Notation of time..." you wrote:

> The MKS system is taught in all schools here that I know of.
> Lb-ft-sec is still the dominant measuring system in business
> and you probably would adhere to it as well if $1,000,000,000,000+
> of machinery and industry had used it for 200+ years and it would
> cost twice that to switch (yes I have the correct number of digits)
> even if it were possible.

Do you really use 200 years old machines in USA? 8-)

> The only way to do this would be to have a red flag day and switch
>at once.  It will never happen is my guess.

Switch at once? That's not the opinion of many of your fellow-countrymen.
A few examples from the Re: Re:s:

===============
I think eventually the US will be completely metric.  It will take
a long time however.  Look how long it took us to learn to play
soccer :-) !
===============
Having lived in Europe and having served 26 years in the USAF in the program
management career field (read "putting together very complex systems"), I'd
change in a heartbeat.  There is definite economic benefit to going metric.
Check how many parts and pieces in your new "US Made" car are metric.....it
s happening, but you just don't notice it.
===============
I have to agree with this.  Metric is happening, slowly but surely.  It
flopped in the short term when the idea was first introduced, but more
and more things are going metric on an individual basis and eventually
it will become the dominant system of measurement here.  Just not
overnight, and probably not with a big fanfare.
===============
My 1999 Ford F-150 is nearly entirely metric hardware....
===============

But that's not the reason why I'm writing this remarks. You finished:

> Bob McGwier
> N4HY
> GO USA!

I don't reply with "GO GERMAN" or "GO EUROPE" or better "GO WORLD",
"GO INTERNATIONAL".

I'm astonished and disappointed. Until today I did know you as
an excellent expert in the field of telecommunications,
programming etc. Now I have learned more.

ISS means "INTERNATIONAL" SPACE STATION.

Bob, "si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses!"

73, Udo, DL7OL, Berlin ***