QSO through AO-7!

It's alive!

On Sunday morning (in Los Angeles) at 16:05:30z, I held a 2-way QSO with
KE7NS via AO-7!  I had just gotten the station turned on and say that
AO-7 had just passed nearby and I had a couple minutes left in the
pass.  Without even moving the antennas, I dialed around the 2M beacon
frequency and there was the CW.  As soon as I moved the antennas the CW
was very strong.  After listening to the CW for a short while I dialed
down into the passband and there was a station.  Found my TX freq and
held a short QSO with KE7NS before he lost the bird.  I called CQ for
another minute or so and then went back to the beacon until I lost it as
well.  Signal faded exactly when NOVA said it should.  I got most of it
recorded and should have it up on my website shortly.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/