Oscar 7 - Ghost of Christmas past

Hearing Oscar 7 again reminds me of Skylab (too bad we did not have ARISS
back then !),
Oscar 6 (my first Oscar) and 2 meter downconverters (tube based)

w9gb

1975 (memorable firsts)

Telenet, the first commercial packet-switching network and civilian
equivalent of ARPANET, was born. The brainchild of Larry Roberts, Telenet
linked customers in seven cities. Telenet represented the first value-added
network, or VAN

The January 1975 edition of Popular Electronics featured the Altair 8800,
based on Intel's 8080 microprocessor, on its cover.
http://www.rdrop.com/~jimw/s_PE-cover.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/~compcloset/MITSAltair8800.htm

http://www.imsai.net/products/IMSAI_series_two.htm

http://www.imsai.net/history/imsai_history/imsai_pre_history.htm