R: AO7??

----- Original Message -----
From: Perry Yantis <PYantis@compuserve.com>
To: amsat-bb <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>; <nova-net@nlsa.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 2:35 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO7??

> I put the newer keps in my Nova program that was posted on the Amsat BBs
> for AO7.
>
> Then tonight I listened for AO7.
>
> At 2359 gmt on June 22, 2002 I started hearing a beacon at 145.97550 here
> in em89 south of Columbus, Ohio.
>
> It started with HI HI then send a bunch of 3 digit numbers, but no
> satellite ID.
>
> I then went to 145.953 and input a signal at 432.143 and I heard myself
> very loud.
>
> It was so loud that I was sure it was a harmonic in my TS2000x.
>
> But when Nova said the satellite was getting to a lower elevation my
> signals started getting weaker.
>
> Then just about the time Nova said AO7 was gone it was!!!!
>
> I then tried again to input on 432.143 and tuned around not hearing a
sound
> on 145.953 (I tuned the general area of that frequency).
>
> So I don't think it was a harmonic in my TS2000x after all.
>
> But it sure was a strong signal I heard!!!!!!!!
>
> But was it really AO7, or another satellite with a similar orbit????
>
> It will be interesting to find out, ha, ha.
>
> Perry WB8OTH
> --

Hi Perry WB8OTH

If you where translated by OSCAR-7  mode-B receiving you loud and clear
you should have transmitted in 432.143 MHz LSB receiving you at 145.953
MHz in USB because the OSCAR-7 transponder is inverting.

It will be very interesting to know that even if it is not a 100%
demostration.

To day i will try as well.

73" de i8CVS Domenico